|Posted by CSR Kenya on February 28, 2017 at 4:10 AM|
RATING: 1 STAR
Website: Click here
Kilele Foundation is a registered Community Based Organization (CBO) with the Ministry of Gender and Social Services in Kenya. The organization was founded in 2002 with a view to empowering local communities in Machakos County in Kenya to participate effectively towards sustainable community development. The formation of the foundation was precipitated by increased socio-economic problems in the county including youth unemployment that has resulted to drug abuse, chronic alcoholism and village crime, increased economic bondage of women, increased spread of HIV/AIDS, wanton destruction of the environment, apparent neglect of the disabled, low levels of access to clean and safe drinking water and marginalization of the girl child. It is against this background that Kilele Foundation was formed with a view to mobilizing donor funding and local community support in order to generate local solutions for local socio-economic challenges.
Mission Statement: Kilele Foundation mission is: “To initiate and implement community development projects that are people-centered, gender responsive and socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.”
Vison Statement: To become a leading grassroots organization in promoting sustainable rural development in East Africa.
Kilele Foundation strategic objective is to alleviate extreme poverty among rural communities in Kenya through:-
- To empower youth and women economically through income generating activities especially agribusiness production;
- To create awareness and conduct campaigns among rural communities to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS and other lifestyle diseases;
- To promote the education of the poor particularly the girl child;
- To educate and sensitize the local community on environmental sustainability and management;
- To create awareness and advocacy for the rights of the disabled;
- To build the capacity of the youth and women to ensure participation in entrepreneurial activities (business skills training).