MAKE AN INQUIRY ABOUT A CHARITY BASED IN KENYA
Inquire about a
If you’re considering a request for a donation to a charity, do some research before you give. By finding out as much as you can about the charity, you can avoid fraudsters who try to take advantage of your generosity.
- CESRA gives information about a charity based in Kenya at the request of an inquirer.
- To inquire about any
organization listed or not listed on our database please complete the form below.
- It will take between 2 to 3 weeks to gather information of the Charity or
organization that you are inquiring about, If it’s not listed on our database,
- But it can take 1 week to give accreditation report for charities or organizations listed with us.
If you think you’ve been the victim of a charity scam , file a complaint with CESRA. Your complaints can help detect patterns of wrong-doing and lead to investigations and prosecutions.
REASONS WHY DONORS COMPLAIN
- Misusing donor money
- Changing of your vision/mission without consulting
- When you lie about budgets, employees, etc
- Lack of giving reports/communication
- Not operating a charity bank account /using personal accounts
- Running unregistered charity and not informing the donor
- Misuse of employee and volunteers
- Complaints without contact details of the complainants will be rejected by CESRA
- Never post Complaints with abusive language
- Filling a complaint is free
- If you are a potential donor and would like to know more about a
certain charity you don't see on our list, you can also inquire or request the charity to initiate an accreditation process.
- CESRA is more concerned about guiding charities in adopting the best practices rather than naming and shaming them.