PILLARS OF CSR
Corporate governance is concerned with holding the balance between economic and social goals and between individual and communal goals. The corporate governance framework is there to encourage the efficient use of resources and equally to require accountability for the stewardship of those resources.
These would include:
- Avoidance of pollution
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste and Energy efficiency measures
This plan must cover labour and human rights practices that go beyond the law. Conditions of employment and the workplace environment underpin successful businesses. For businesses who want to attract and retain the best talent, they must demonstrate a commitment to good workplace practices. Motivated and engaged staff are better able to deliver productivity, good customer services and innovation, which contribute to business success and support the overall reputation of the business.
The Marketplace Pillar relates to how an organisation manages its relationship with its customers, suppliers and business partners. Buying and selling products or services is a core part of business. Ensuring this is done in an ethical and sustainable manner in today's business environment is key to a company's reputation and long-term viability.
These can include:
- Funding of community projects
- Sponsorship of local clubs
- Volunteering by employees in educational activities and other outreach initiatives during work hours.
- An independent panel will audit your application and the policy documents that your organization will attach to the application
- CESRA has an assessment guideline list to enable them to score your application
- The organization will be required to pay Ksh 45,000/= (payable every 2 years ) as the accreditation fee
- Once your application is approved, your company will be awarded the CSR excellence badge for display across all your brand touch-points such as printed materials, websites, etc. Alongside the other 10 benefits listed above
- If your application is not approved, CESRA allows an appeal within 3 months of denial where the applicant will allow CESRA to work hand in hand to help the company acquire CSR compliant status