Report or complain about a Charity
The Centre For Social Responsibility and accountability Kenya (CESRA) accepts complaints on charities in an effort to help resolve complaints from either parties. The information you provide though our online form will be forwarded to the charity for their response. The charity will be asked to respond within one month, Once they respond you will be notified of the response by email. From that point, CESRA seeks to facilitate a resolution between you and the charity or organization in question. All Genuine complaints will be posted online for other consumers or donors to see.
In our effort to resolve disputes and complains we also advice the complainants to contact the charity prior to filing a complaint to see if the problem you are complaining about can be resolved and if it does not get resolved to your satisfaction then you can file it here.
- Complaints without contact details of the complainants will be rejected by CESRA
- Never post Complaints with abusive language
- Filling a complaint is free
- If you are a potential donor and would like to know more about a certain charity you don't see on our list, you can also inquire or request the charity to initiate an accreditation process.
- CESRA is more concerned about guiding charities in adopting the best practices rather than naming and shaming them.
- Misusing the donor money
- Changing of your vision/mission without consulting
- When you lie about budgets, employee/volunteers
- Lack of giving reports/communication
- Not operating a charity Bank account/using personal accounts
- Running unregistered charity and not informing the supporters
- Misusing of employee and volunteers